At David L. Smith Realty, we love working with residential buyers and sellers!
In business since 1960, we never get tired of seeing the excitement on a family’s face when they finally find their dream home. Getting to know each family’s unique home needs and wants is always one of the most enjoyable parts of our job. Whether it’s the three car garage for your toys, the extra bedroom for your new baby, or that gourmet kitchen perfect for entertaining, our hometown realtors take pride in helping you find the ideal home for your budget.
No matter what stage of life your family is in, from first-time homebuyers to retiring empty nesters, our agents will take the time to learn exactly what your family is looking for. Besides the basics like the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, many other factors need to be considered when searching for your family’s new home. Including:
- Square Footage
- Features and Upgrades
- New or Resale
- School District
- Resale Value Down the Road
- How Long You Plan to Live There
“We found David L. Smith Realty to be very upfront and honest, supportive and influential on large residential real estate deals for us in the past and we will use them for any real estate deals.”
– Mrs. Davis
“You have a small town feel and that’s wonderful! You are all great to work with.
– Mrs. Larsen
Selling your home can be intimidating, no matter what city you’re in: Pearland, Friendswood, Sugar Land, League City, etc. There are so many critical questions to consider:
- How long will my home take to sell? If I list too early, I may not be ready to move when my home sells. If I wait too long to list it, I won’t be able to close on my new house in time.Timing the sale of your home is tough to do on your own. Our experienced realtors are here to help you more accurately predict how long your home will take to sell given your home’s condition and local market conditions.
- How much should I list my house for? If I price my house too high, buyers may not be interested and it may take longer to sell than I planned. If I price it too low, I could be passing up thousands of dollars. A family’s home is usually its largest asset. Can you afford to get less than you should for the sale of your house? Deciding what price to list your home is probably the hardest decision homeowners face when looking to sell their home. Combining years of experience with the latest market analysis and comparative pricing tools, our agents will help you determine the optimal asking price for your home, balancing speed of sale with maximum profit.
- Should I do any work on the house before I list it? Is it worth the money to repair or upgrade different areas of the house? Some repairs and upgrades around a house can pay for themselves several times over and help a house sell much sooner. However, others may not be worth the time and expense.
These important questions can be overwhelming when you’re trying to sell your house, especially since you’re probably also searching for a new home, planning for the move, packing your belongings, and more. Our friendly REALTORS® will guide you through these tricky decisions, making recommendations based on your specific house and local market.
“Several years ago, we sold our home in Pearland, TX. We chose David L. Smith Realty to handle the sale for us. They did an excellent job. They were very professional and easy to work with. Since we were living out of the area at the time of the sale, they had to handle every little detail for us. They stayed on top of the small problems as well as the larger ones. I would certainly use their services again.”
– Mr. Tyra
“Mine and Susan’s father attended Pearland schools together and were life-long friends. Susan and I go way back. However, that is not the only reason I chose David L. Smith Realty to market my property. I try not to only deal with people I know, but most importantly with people I trust. If you are looking for a REALTOR® who won’t “feed you a line” but tells it like it is and seeks advice when necessary to make the process work, then I suggest you call Susan. Thanks to Susan and her staff for selling my property.